At IOLLA, we ask for a photograph of your full prescription in the form it was issued by your optician.
For us to comply with UK legislation, your prescription should:
- be issued by a registered medical optician
- relate to a sight test of your eyes, within the past 2 years
- be clear and legible
As well as complying with UK legislation, we've found that our policy of requesting a photo of the full prescription saves any possible risk of error from the customer typing their prescription themselves, and helps us make sure we have the most recent and most accurate prescription details for your lovely new glasses!
If you don't have a copy of your prescription from your opticians, just contact them by phone or email and they should be happy to provide this! Let us know if you are struggling to contact them and we can help you.
What can't we accept?
- Prescription powers typed out in an email by the customer
- Contact lens prescriptions
- Prescriptions which are more than 2 years old